Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 1 - August 1st, 2010


My first picture is of my apartment (well, the living room since we're limited to one picture..) ..

When we moved to Ottawa I hated it. I told myself I would never live here, not because there is anything wrong with it but because its too big. I'm a small city kind of girl, I come from a place where everyone knows everyone and living here has been a big big BIG change that has taken a ton of getting used to.

Today I went out for groceries while Chris is away golfing, and as I walked in I smiled.. While our apartment is a tiny 1 bedroom, its ours. Its so cozy, and full of so many things we have worked so hard for, it really hit me today that this is home. Maybe not for much longer, but it was a nice realization after a year of living here to walk in and be happy to be here. We don't live in a horrible area, but we pay way too much for what we have. I'll be happy to leave, and even though this is not our first place together this is where we started our life as husband and wife.. pretty rad!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I think your living room is adorable! I love the red couch andzebra blanket! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE that couch!! I think it is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! Its a wonderful color and so you!!!!

    ReplyDelete