Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Update on me;

Most of you know that I've been MIA for going on two weeks now, for the most part so I apologize that I have been behind..

Last Sunday I got a call from a doctor in KGH - a hospital 2 hours away from me - letting me know that my father was admitted and they need to amputate his left leg. At that time the doctor mentioned that he was suffering (aside from his leg, cause by diabetes and bad circulation/artery problems) from heart, kidney and liver failure. Not to mention the blood pressure and circulation problems he was already dealing with for as long as I can remember.

I've been back and forth since then and distracting myself with work in between. Sunday night they couldn't guarantee me even a 10% chance of him making it through the surgery but alas, here we are.

As of today he is no longer requiring blood pressure medication, is going through dialysis and is still dependant on medication to make his heart work as well as a breathing tube to assist him. He is stable, and responsive but I need to remain prepared for the worst case scenario.

With that being said, most of you have been with me every step of the way, and I couldn't thank you enough. You are truly amazing women, and I love you all so much xoxox.





No comments:

Post a Comment